Thursday, June 6, 2013

Pinhole glasses -- the glasses which I would recommend to every computer screen user


Even though they aren't supposed to fix your eyesight, I would dare to call them magical. They are saving my life.

There's many disputes around this glasses: whether do they really helpful or maybe they even harmful, do they improve eyesight or only create more problems for your eye health.
I can't provide correct opinion about their effect on any medical or scientific levels, but I wear this glasses already 11 years, and I can testify that they affect 100% positively in most cases, especially if you have computer vision syndrome. I wear this glasses when at every convenient moment: when I sit in front of my computer on my job, when I use an iPhone in a train to home. Every time I put them on, I can't describe how relaxing they are. They come in real handy when you need to keep working, but your eyes feel so tired, that you don't know what to do, to improve your performance. Even if I am already tired and haven't slept for 6 hours and still awake at 6 a.m., my eyes hurt so much from continuous using of screens, that I put on this glasses and can work extra 12 hours without ANY exaggeration.

Things which this glasses probably won't do for you. Many dumb sellers promise their pin-hole glasses as a magical way to improve your eyesight, with only condition of wearing them 15-25 minutes per day... I think they're lying. I have nearsighted vision and recognize faces only from 5-10 meters (-4 dioptre), and maybe I would improve my eyesight if I would wear this glasses without ever using any computer or phone screens and having healthy lifestyle for my eyes, but that's not happened to me during their normal usage.

When my eyes are tired, there's no alternative. The truth is that I work with computers very often, sometimes 5-10 hours without a stop, so my eyes are always experiencing some burden.

Few words about regular glasses. My eyesight was only -1 dioptre when I was 10 years old, and it went until -3 dioptre when I turned 13 years old (after a 2 years of extensive usage of x386 IBMs monitor), so I lost my ability to see far away already 11 years ago. First I was VERY depressed when I found out that my vision isn't clear anymore, that was true psychological inconvenience for me, because I had a huge dreams as a child which set higher expectance with less understanding of real life values. So I thought about purchasing eyeglasses for improving my convenience of living, but I was raised in a poor family, so I never thought that it would be a good thing for a budget, plus I didn't liked how I looked like in those glasses - not many of my friends ever wear glasses, and it was psychologically shocking for me to appear in school anyhow different from the others - so I've chosen to get used to the life without clear vision and without a glasses, and you know what? It took almost 5 years to get accustomed to all the inconveniences of having low vision, but now I never have any social inconveniences with not seeing the same amount of details as the others see, and I believe that by this step I saved my vision from getting worse. I'll explain why:

  • People who wear glasses, use them even for reading the text, browsing the Internet on their devices which I believe bring to unintended use: for seeing near objects, like mentioned above reading books or using any screens. I believe that it is harmful for eyes.
  • Many glasses reduce zoom out your picture and that's also negative effect - that creates you some problem with space orientation
  • Glasses are difficult in terms of your organizational space: you always spend some microseconds to handle your glasses and sometimes hours to get new ones.
  • Glasses change your appearance, often you seem to  ook better with glasses only because glasses hide livid spots which was left by their extensive wear.
  • Many doctors would recommend glasses only because they don't want the whole glasses production industry and factories to be closed, and many structures have an impact for medical theory to appreciate glasses just because it is good for our economy.
Does they are really expensive? Nope, you can find them on eBay for $1 or $2 with free shipping from China. I don't really care about manufacturer, because you must understand that it is a non-sense and total crap if some brand tries to frighten you that purchasing not branded glasses could have some negative effect to your vision. So, screw it and purchase cheap glasses, but don't look for glasses in which you will look good in front of other people, choose the ones with bigger lenses (as the ones which you see on picture for this article), why? See the next explanation.

Purchase only glasses which will cover your eye's peripherial vision completely. Why? Because if your glasses have small lenses, which don't cover your eyes completely, then you'll experience discomfort since your eyes have "light memory effect" which happens due to different light levels for different receptor cells in your eye and believe me - after wearing glasses with not big enough lenses you will feel so much discomfort that you'll voluntarily refuse from ever wearing them. Of course this is personal experience, but that's my piece of advice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment