Thursday, June 13, 2013

Models of storing information in past

I remember those times when geeks around me were using compact and DVD disks to store the family archives.


Many of them stored even things like software, text files and many many other document types - it was the era when people never deleted files and never relied on the Internet to store those things because Internet was expensive and slow.

I was almost the first one who's started to benefit cloud system by using http and FTP servers as a notes: the same iCloud service presented by Apple now.

Some of my friends over 45 yet rely on things like DVD to store their info, and they dream about bluray drive with quad layer writers. I'm partially support them when it comes to BluRay - because it may grant you 120Gb on one cheap disk which could be stored almost for a lifetime.

0 comments:

Post a Comment