Tuesday, June 4, 2013

iPhone users, how do you deal with these browsing bugs

I'm happy iPhone user, but some things in iOS is just irritating - I like to show my anger when it comes to annoying UI problems - these are things which had to be fixed by developers through normal and comparatively cheap software QA process.


One of such things is browsing.
One of the most repetitive task I'm doing on my iPhone is Google search. This function doesn't seems to work properly.

1. First off, when you type more than 6 words in a Google search, you don't have user friendly way to fix your word at the beginning of your search sentence, while you're already at the end of sentence you just typed. Of course you can be a little more patient and hold finger and drag the cursor to the beginning, but even this opportunity doesn't always works properly both in Safari & Chrome (I saw this problem more often in Safari).

2. And since iOS 6 I'm experiencing new bug with Safari on iPhone which totally screws up my user experience for this browser (because it affects my ability to type and visit next web-site I want to go): now after another search guess what: when I type something in address bar, browser after 3 seconds just clears what I've typed and replaces it with long URL of current page. What a drag!

And this is two simple things which you do on iPhone, and which iOS developers who cares too much for polishing things up was ignorant enough to fix. Even such a lame system as Android along with horrible Internet browsing experience at least has no such problems.




0 comments:

Post a Comment