Saturday, June 22, 2013

Google Drive as an awesome tool for blogging or publishing spreadsheets on your web-site

When Microsoft first created a Microsoft Office, I thought - wow, using excel would be a really good way to store thoughts and have more space for ideas analysis, because there's a lots of cells and I can compare many ideas and have portable and convenient way of keeping records. But as many other ideas those idea with xls was too fast, too young and its died because Microsoft Office was really slow way to open documents, plus USB Sticks came up only later which made me convenient to have my files with me, that's why I've past on idea of storing my ideas and other thoughts in XLS.

But then I've discovered for myself a Google Drive as the most wonderful platform. But not instantly - before it I thought that the future of my data management is Wiki - I've considered as my CMS too. And only now its dawned on me that I can actually use any of my Google Drive spreadsheet to publish them on my blogger to make it public. See, with holding Wiki as my main storage of my text data, I thought that I'll achieve accessibility of all the information I have in my Wiki, but Wiki isn't really easy to manage as a system, that's why I've decided to have only blogger even if its functions are restricted.

Anyway, look at my post here: http://www.earlfox.com/2013/06/how-about-living-in-garage.html to see the way I've embedded my first spreadsheet into my article. It may look little weird, but I did it really fast without proper care to content with some old spreadsheet which even haven't been initially designed for my web-site, anyway its just an example, I believe with proper efforts I could probably even improve the design of the spreadsheet's outfit. Also Google provides some awesome forms which could be useful e.g. to make a survey among restricted number of your friends or colleagues (in case if you want to have data at hand in the form of ready-to-use convenient spreadsheet available online)

0 comments:

Post a Comment