Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Too much security

I really wonder why everybody at some point got too much concerned about security?
Yes I can get access to your computer and I did it many times by using backdoors, etc. I did it to understand what potential threat could bring accessing those information. And here's what I found:
1. I found that most of people don't store any important information (such SSN, CC numbers) on their computers
2. I found that accessing management information (such as retail values movement, other documents) also can't bring any use to the potential cracker.
3. I found that accessing someones email in 90% can't bring you any benefit from it.

I could expand this list, but I just wanted to tell the idea that 90% of people secure their systems just by not storing the most important information on their computers, and by delegating several tasks on computers in a separate networks, because if you have to crack 2 computers in order to get what you need then that's more complicated task.
And at the end: crackers don't get access to real money because the real money now stored in the banking accounts (the place which really requires security) its the place they almost never get in informationally.

That's why many managers don't afraid any trojans, viruses and don't care if someone will get unauthorized access to their network/etc. Because for cracker getting the information its only 10% of success.

0 comments:

Post a Comment