Friday, July 5, 2013

What you can do with Amazon Kindle? You can read in a new, amazing ways.

I am using this device since January (almost for a year). Along with easy understandable, and really convenient interface, first thing I noticed that Amazon Kindle has really convenient way of converting files (doc, pdf or other popular formats into the format of Amazon Reader), and until today I just used it to read books which I've purchased or uploaded through data cable, and while I was enjoying the reading process its yet was incomplete, something was missing, something which would make a difference between usual e-book reader and this outstanding device.

And such feature came out to be a previews. Everybody likes the way Amazon offer its users books to preview available for sale,  but before finding out this option on Amazon Kindle I didn't had any idea about how convenient its gonna be.

I love searching Amazon for new books to read - since its the largest world's library. I usually don't like to pay for copyrighted material, mostly because I don't always know what I am paying for. I ready to pay for knowledge and Amazon Kindle offers me to distinguish the right books from wrong by creating a "Send sample now" next to each book I could purchase. And now this feature helps me automatically download previews on my Kindle for offline reading, and that's outstanding, because its a new concept of getting to know books.

For example if you want to choose 1 book among 10 books about specific topic, you better read every of that 10 books previews. When you got those previews available automatically for offline reading on Amazon Kindle, now you can read them all, since you can use your spare time when you wait for something or traveling somewhere. Plus most of the previews on Amazon already contains valuable information about the topic you would like to read in marketed books: probably by the time when you'll complete reading all of the previews about particular topic you may find out that you know enough to not purchase a book, or at least you'll be sure that your choice is correct since you got maximum of the information about those 10 books which otherwise you probably wouldn't even considered to dedicate enough time to read.

I believe publishers must provide in previews at least 50% or 40% of what person would get by reading the full book. Sometimes I meet books which only provide first chapters which has no value except for self-advertising, as an experienced reader I don't find such previews worth reading and wouldn't even consider to purchase them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment