Thursday, October 31, 2013

Tips&Tricks: Best way to avoid mistake when you purchase your first car

  • Earl Fox

    Throughout all the time I analysed the purchasing decisions around cars: 1) I loved and wanted little car such as Daewoo Matiz (which has only 0.8 liters engine), 2) Ural (Rimma's Husband) purchased Daewoo Matiz (as you remember, that was a credit, now what he has - a 5 years old car, 3) Many people love purchasing cheapest versions of cars and they hate used cars (because they can buy only new ones)
  • Earl Fox
    Earl Fox

    so here we have picture: when you want to purchase a car, you usually looking for a best car. Everybody wants less hassle with repairs, and more joy of driving without any problems and the most comfort.
    Now the Daewoo Matiz costs here around $7000 when you purchase basic version (in Russia we have very poor basic versions due to greedy auto-dealers - they remove everything they can from the cheapest versions of cars)
    If you purchase Daewoo Matiz here in credit, that's extra fee: around $2000
    so I believe Ural at his time paid around $9000 for his car
    Rasheet purchased a new car for $15000 including all fees
    I believe its a dumb decision to purchase a new car
    at least for Russia, because here in Russia basic versions aren't worth their prices: both Ural & Rasheet paid huge amount of money for their car, and here's why:
  • Earl Fox
    Earl Fox

    1) Ural, because he got very small car, which is very limited if you compare it to regular cars (especially if you talk about Russian winters) + cheapest cars here in Russia are usually well... they are cheap that means they have a poor quality and more often end up at expensive repairs
  • Earl Fox
    Earl Fox

    2) Rasheet (he paid too much money for his loan as I believe), his car is better, but since he got basic version, he loses many comfort stuff
    Now recently I've found out that the best deal it is purchasing a USED car, which is not older than 3-4 years, and which is fully equipped. And car should be by its class not the smallest, not the worst brand, it should be average
    as example it could be Scoda Fabia as Rasheet did, but maximum version (fully equipped) or it could be Chevrolet Lacetti https://www.google.ru/search?q=chevrolet+lacetti&newwindow=1&hl=ru&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=rWRyUrrCD4G1tAaLpYEQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=600
    or something else
    reason why I think so, because I've found out that most cars which is 2-3 years old are good enough in their condition (as new)
    also its good to check how much miles that car driven
    and its good to check if the car are sold by trustworthy seller (the best sellers are women, because they're careful with their cars)
    And women are usually don't drive that much as man
    I'll mention some deal which I saw with my own eyes: For example fully equipped Chevrolet Lacetti here in Russia costs around $17,000 while basic version costs only $14,000.
    What version do you think its better to purchase: the one for $17,000 (fully equipped) or the one for $14,000 (empty one)
    I think none of them deserves attention
    the best way to purchase car worth of $17,000
    is finding 3 years old used car of the same model which costs $17,000 as new
    and such used car in a good condition will cost you only $11,000!!!
    That is ridiculous money for such a wonderful choice!
    $11,000 is very close to what Ural has purchased!
    (extra $2,000)
    So as always there is two BOLD things which make stuff very expensive:
  • Earl Fox
    Earl Fox

    1) "I WANT ONLY NEW CAR" or "IF YOU WILL PURCHASE A USED CAR, YOU WILL REGRET" INABILITY OF PEOPLE TO MAKE A GOOD CHOICES IN A USED MARKET. THEREFORE THEY PURCHASE "ONLY NEW" - this type of people can try to persuade you to "never" deal with USED car, because they think that all used cars are creepy - but that's not true, that's just an excuse for their inability to make the right choices 2) "I WANT IT NOW". Inability of people to collect money. Mostly the people who purchase stuff in credit, they end up in paying a lots of fees for the banks for providing a credit. The cause - is absence of discipline. Yeah it takes HUGE amount of discipline when it comes to saving for a new car. HUGE AMOUNTS!!!
  • Earl Fox
    Earl Fox

    this two points are both generated by the weakness of a person
    1) technical weakness 2) weakness of self-discipline
    and that's where companies do A LOTS OF MONEY!
    because at the age 25-30-35 people who never had a car gets HIGHLY DEPRESSED
    HIGHLY DISAPPOINTEd
    that they couldn't managed to save enough money for a car
    that's when they make a choice "I WANT IT NOW! AND I WANT THE BEST OPTION"
    last sentence contains two mental mistakes - willing to get now, and willing the best option (the best option will never happen, because the best option is very expensive if you purchase it a new)
    somebody can make a choice "ITS ENOUGH, I WANT IT NOW! BUT I DON'T NEED FANCY CAR - I ONLY NEED A MEAN OF TRANSPORTATION"
    the best saying of course "CAN WAIT IF NEEDED (BUT I WILL WORK HARD WHILE WAITING), BUT I NEED THE BEST OPTION, THE OPTION WHICH I WON'T REGRET ABOUT)"
    and willing the best option doesn't means purchasing the newest car, it just means being picky about choosing USED car
  • Earl Fox
    Earl Fox

    In other words I want a car: 1) Which is purchased for my own money, not for the CREDIT money. Because I don't like paying extra money for bank. 2) Which would cost $17,000 me as new, but I want it for the price $11,000. Because I don't like paying extra money for NEW, because 3 years later it will be the same AS the one which I'm going to purchase in a USED condition (that kind of car will have a huge amount of miles to drive without needs for repair).
  • Earl Fox
    Earl Fox

    Why I'm talking about cars so much? Because for 21st century its a HUGE deal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment