Friday, May 9, 2014

Bitcoin is a currency for e-commerce. If you want Bitcoin to take over e-commerce, here's rules to follow



First of all - taking over e-commerce with Bitcoin is pretty important, because - all of the infrastructure is almost 90% ready for Bitcoin to be implemented on any web-site to start accepting.

Here's few products which I believe truly represent e-commerce:
1. Everything virtual: such products as servers, web-hosting, or any kind of hosting
2. Everything Internet trusted shop which uses prepaid orders, including Amazon, eBay and many other Internet shops.
3. And other products for which you have trust anyway.

Concerning the trust for Internet shops (since they are too many), here's few ways:
* Certification/Reputation centers for Bitcoin Web-Sites (I'm against waiting another 10 years to build decentralized reputation systems, even though I support the idea of course). E.g. if web-site cheats, it can lose its license. There could be purse based licenses - to help customer trust - e.g. if there is a button which says that particular Bitcoin wallet is responsible for funds which it receives, then the whole problem with trust disappears.
* Central platforms where people can buy and sell any virtual goods for Bitcoins



And of course basic steps:
* I believe its very important to encourage communities to reach global business with Bitcoin (friends, family and in any place where people talk about their Internet business plans).
For example - if you have friend, who wants to start selling web-hosting, or dedicated servers, offer him to build his web-site from ground oriented for Bitcoin customer.

* In Russia we have WebMoney.ru - which operates more than 10 years on the Internet and which uses the same virtual currency concepts as Bitcoin (I'm talking about the fact that all WebMoney funds is non-refundable even though its wallets are centralized). And in Russia we have pretty popular virtual goods portal called DigiSeller.ru - it is the place where virtual goods manufacturer sells such things like Game Coupons, Pre-filled coupons for filling cell-phone account, Text Information (yes you can sell your text information for Bitcoin - since WebMoney also allows you to pay with Bitcoin on DigiSeller). Its the whole virtual Galaxy, which was unknown for west this whole time - and this whole e-commerce economy works based on non-refundability economical principles. (E.g. if you're dissatisfied with product, DigiSeller has its own reputation system and they hold money for 3 days to wait for moneyback request from customer in case if the seller is fraudulent). I'm still have no clue why we don't have a ready to use platform-Bitcoin-processor where I could trade my virtual goods for Bitcoin? Maybe I should create it? Or maybe I should post this idea everywhere in Russian IT forums so that Russians could do global English version of such platform totally made of Bitcoins.



And last very important thought is making all the web-services (e-commerce) mono-currency oriented. I mean accepting only Bitcoin and nothing except for Bitcoin.

All good market players are good at selling their goods over the Credit Cards, but damn, how I tired from so many payment options on their web-site - how tired I am from jumping from page to page - from billing page to customer information editing - this is some sort of beaureaucracy! (In fact you have to do it each time you purchase something on Amazon, it gets especially harder if you're new user to Amazon or some other shop which requires all that fancy information like Billing Addresses)

Why I can't just pay with a single button from any web-site with a Bitcoin without being bothered about filling my address, and many many other initial information. Why can't I just pay and then fill all of those forms later and only if I want them to fill? Will someone hear me? We live in 21st century and I still haven't got such conveniences ;) (I don't count any sign ups/prefilled forms or whatever quick options they want to offer on eBay/Amazon/and stuff like that - I just that big button which instantly makes me purchase something - and I want to change my mind in case if I have to) What a cruel world.

My whole long topic was about e-commerce. There's just too much things that's interenet is missing right now concerning the payments and the web-sites where I can order stuff / virtual goods. So I hope that thanks to Bitcoin such things gonna be possible. And I've described only 1% of how we can change e-commerce with Bitcoin.

My dream - is having Bitcoin-only-accepting alternative for every web-site we're using right now. I demand it. Am I alone who wants such services?
Everything you got used to pay for on the web, is not that hard to build. Maybe in the physical world you're facing problems replacing physical money with Bitcoins (even though we're trying to solve this problem too), but in the Internet e-commerce world at least, Bitcoin must be a king, right?

If you have any ideas which I missed here, you're welcome to comment about them, I read all the comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment