Sunday, November 10, 2013

Most important stuff to keep in head about telemarketing

1. Wish to sell. Very often I find myself coming to call center because its just funny. Because I just like to prank customers. But that's never ending well in results. When I started my career as telemarketer, I remember the guys next to me: I didn't thought that his accent will let him sell, because he sounded funny rather than serious to me. Only after hours of working with him I understood that he was way to serious about results and doesn't even matter that all the other losers around him made fun about his weird accent. He did really excellent results at the end of the day - I believe it's because he got unstoppable wish to sell.

2. The ability to focus. Focusing on job is not allowing any distractions to get in the ways to get the job done. Including the process of preparing your workplace - for some people it takes too long to get used to new environment caused by any changes that has been made to the order of usual things in call center. That's also the ability to being productive inspire of any changes that occur in your job.
3. Ability to close the deal. Very often I tend to put a client to potential list, when all I need is without ending a conversation to ask customer to decide right away about the offer. That's again all about a wish to sell.
4. Hearing yourself. Sometimes it's very useful to ask yourself: do I say bloody bullocks to people or not.
5. Ability to invest into your workplace. Even if you are hired employee, don't expect an employer to take care about all of your essential tools you need for successful calling - get your own inventory of things you need on your workplace - finally it's essential things! without providing yourself those tools immediately, you may end up loosing too much time in a hassle.
6. Never being tired about learning new sales techniques. If you work hard to improve in every aspect, then one day you may find out that you work twice faster!

1 comments: